“2021 SMPH Bioethics Symposium will be held virtually - as a podcast!”
The 2021 SMPH Bioethics Symposium will be held virtually—as a podcast! For the last month, UW Medical History & Bioethics faculty members have been conducting interviews with bioethics experts, public health professionals, and community health leaders to uncover and interrogate essential and sometimes uncomfortable lessons learned from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The podcast guests will include:
- Alta Charo, JD, Prof. of Law & Bioethics Emerita, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Christine Grady, MSN PhD, Chief of Bioethics, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
- Ericka M. Sinclair, MS, MPH, Founder and CEO, Health Connections, Milwaukee WI
- Alex John London, PhD, Clara L. West Professor of Ethics and Philosophy, Carnegie Mellon University
- Harald Schmidt, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medical Ethics & Health Policy, University of Pennsylvania
- Govind Persad, JD PhD, Assistant Professor of Law, Sturm College of Law, University of Denver
- Jonathan Temte, MD PhD, Associate Dean for Public Health and Community Engagement, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, and Chair of Wisconsin Department of Health Services Subcommittee on Vaccine Allocation
Please check back in late March 2021 for additional information and details on how to access the Bioethics Symposium podcast!
News from prior years: